Inspiring your donors to give is important.
Inspiring yourself and staying motivated is, too.
Let’s face it – fundraising isn’t easy. Some days, it’s downright hard.
You’ve got more to do than you can get done, and there’s always someone asking why you can’t raise more money.
I’ve been there. I know what it’s like.
I remember the days of working my booty off to get things done, and some well-meaning Board member would call with a “great idea” for me. Yeah. Good times.
The important thing is to know what stokes the fire of your heart, especially on days when you feel like throwing in the towel.
For me, it’s about visiting the front line of the organization. That always rejuices me.
But there’s this thing called balance. And we need it to be our best.
That means doing things outside of work that feed your creativity.
For me that includes gardening, horseback riding, and quilting.
Not sure what those might be for you?
Here’s a list of 50 ways to get inspired from my friend (and former client) Tammy Johnson. Tammy now runs Female Idea Tank and graciously gave me permission to share these ideas with you.
Try something new. Get going and have fun!
1. Do something that pushes you out of your comfort zone
2. Make a new music playlist
3. Play a game
4. Paint a picture
5. Look up inspirational quotes on Pinterest6. Fulfill a childhood dream
7. Make something with your hands
8. Ask someone you see today what they’re grateful for
9. Learn a craft10. Take a bath
12. Declutter one area of your home
13. Go to a live concert
14. Take a break
15. Go to a workshop, seminar, conference or retreat
16. Take pictures
18. Write a letter to your 70 year old self
19. Write a letter to your teenage self
20. Start a creative “me time” journal
21. Redecorate a room
22. Join a choir or singing group
24. Go for a drive
25. Make a dream board
26. Do some drawing
28. Experiment with makeup
29. Get a coloring book
30. Take a nap
31. Throw a party
32. Get outside
33. Turn off the TV
35. Keep a sketchbook
36. Write a poem
37. Sing a song
39. Watch a video of a baby laughing
40. Go for a walk
41. Try something new
42. Write a bucket list
43. Listen to music that moves you
44. Disconnect for a while
46. Give yourself a pressure-free day
47. Sing in the shower
48. Thank a mentor
49. Start a new good habit
50. Live like you mean it
There will never be a better time to do something to get inspired than now!
Take action and head into the second-half of the year with renewed momentum.