Have you shaken your head in frustration about your Board and maybe even said–
- “My Board says they’ll do anything EXCEPT raise money.”
- “They don’t follow though. They say they’ll do something and then they don’t do it.”
- “Fundraising? I can’t even get all my Board members to make their own gift.”
- “They bring in ideas for new events, then try to dump it in MY lap without offering to help. And they expect me to jump on every idea they bring in. It’s so frustrating!”
Here’s some good news: You aren’t alone.
Most small nonprofit leaders struggle to get their Board engaged and helping with fundraising.
Here’s more good news: It doesn’t have to continue on like this. You can change it!
How would you like to have a plan to empower your board members to be your organization’s best fundraisers and ambassadors?
- Your Board buys in to your annual fundraising plan and every single one points out where they help.
- Every Board member not only makes a personal donation, it’s one of their top charitable gifts for the year.
- Each Board member opens up their rolodex and happily connects you with people they know who are likely to give.
It’s not a pipe dream. I’ve shown dozens of nonprofits how to create a fundraising Board and I can show you, too.
Join me this new ecourse called “How to Create a Fundraising Board.”
Whether you’re an organization just beginning to build your board, or you’re enmeshed in dysfunction (we’ve all been there!), you’re sure to come away with hands-on tactics for creating harmony and building your organization’s successful fundraising Board.
How to Create a Fundraising Board is a four-week, self-guided course created to guide you in understanding your Board’s role in the fundraising process and moving them toward becoming fundraising Superstars.
- How to help your Board members understand their role in fundraising and stay out of yours!
- Tips for teaching your Board how to stop nickel-and-dime fundraising and start bringing in the big bucks
- Why most of your Board members are scared of fundraising (and how to overcome that!)
- The top tools your Board needs to be successful
- And a whole lot more!
Here’s how it works:
Each week for 4 weeks you’ll receive a course module delivered right to your inbox. You can work through the material when it fits your schedule. You can even share it with others in your organization!
There’s nothing to fit into your already busy schedule. No classes to attend. Just read the materials, work through the handouts then start to implement what you’ve learned and watch your Board start to change.
Here are the weekly course modules:
Week One: Board & Staff Roles
The key to a harmonious relationship lies in knowing ‘who does what.’ Too often we hear of nonprofit staff members who are being micromanaged by their board. In Week One‘s module, you’ll learn effective ways for managing your most difficult board members.
Week Two: Creating Your Board’s Culture of Philanthropy
What is a culture of philanthropy and how will you know when you’ve reached that state of nirvana? In Week Two, you’ll be learning all about how to empower your board, staff, and volunteers to create a true culture of philanthropy with enjoyable exercises and tips for strengthening your donor love processes.
Week Three: Storytelling for Board Members
Storytelling is a critical and often overlooked component in successful fundraising. But forget the canned ‘elevator speech.’ Today’s fundraising is all about authenticity. In Week Three‘s training, you’ll guide your board members in sharing their own unique stories.
Week Four: The Joy of Fundraising (yes, really!)
Imagine board members who were not only open to fundraising, but downright enthusiastic. Sound impossible? Our Week Four training is guaranteed to light a fire under your board. You’ll be thrilled at the difference having a team of ambassadors will make to your fundraising success!
Note: This course does not cover Board governance.
- ” How to get 100% Board Giving” – 1-hour webinar to get all your Board members giving, featuring Sandy Rees and Mandy Pearce $37.00 value
- “How to Recruit Rockstar Board Members” – 30-minute video training to teach you the keys to getting new Board members, featuring Sandy Rees $27.00 value
- “Getting Board Members to Raise Money Joyfully” – 1-hour audio featuring Pamela Grow and Susan Howlett $27.00 value
- “Nonprofit Storytelling for Board Members” – 1-hour audio featuring Pamela Grow and Chris Davenport $27.00 value
- “The Invisible Yellow Line: Clarifying Nonprofit Board and Staff Roles” – featuring Pamela Grow and Jean Block $27.00 value
- “Fire Up Your Board for Fundraising” – 1-hour audio featuring Pamela Grow and Gail Perry $27.00 value
- Firing Lousy Board Members – 1-hour audio featuring Pamela Grow and Simone Joyaux $27.00 value
4 Week E-course
— $87 —
This ecourse was created by me and my friend Pamela Grow.
Pamela has raised tens of millions through her consultancy, her widely-read weekly Grow Report ezine, her affordable and popular Basics & More eCourses, and her Simple Development Systems membership program. Her over-riding goal is to provide exceptional donor-centered fundraising training to small nonprofit organizations — at prices they can afford. With Chris Davenport, Pamela created The Donor Retention Project, the definitive series of interviews with the world’s leading donor retention experts. In 2010 Pamela was named one of the 50 Most Influential Fundraisers by the influential Civil Society magazine, and in 2013 and 2014 she was named one of the Top 50 Most Effective Fundraising Consultants by the Michael Chatman Giving Show. She’s been featured by the Chronicle of Philanthropy, and is a regular contributor to Nonprofit.about.com, npENGAGE Experts, the Foundation Center, Guidestar, FundRaising Success Magazine, SOFII, the showcase of fundraising innovation and inspiration, and Charity Channel.
Sandy Rees, CFRE
Sandy shows passionate nonprofit leaders how to fully fund their big vision, so they can spend their time changing lives instead of worrying about money. She has helped hundreds of small nonprofits go from “nickel-and-dime fundraising” to adding 6 or 7 figures to their bottom line. As a trainer, she shows her students how to find ideal donors, connect with them through authentic messaging, and build relationships that stand the test of time, so that fundraising becomes easy and predictable. Sandy is based in Loudon, TN.
4 Week E-course
— $87 —