First Steps in Fundraising:
How to get started creating the funding of your dreams
Welcome to the wonderful, wild world of nonprofit!
Whether you’ve founded a new organization, joined a Board, or landed a job with fundraising in the job description, you need to know how how good fundraising works. It’s takes way more than spaghetti dinners and car washes to raise the kind of money you need to fully fund your nonprofit’s mission. It takes donor-based fundraising built on relationships, heart-moving messaging, and targeted activities.
And it doesn’t have to be hard. In fact, fundraising done well is usually a joy for both the Asker and the Giver.
Ready to learn how to raise all the money you need to fully fund your nonprofit’s work?
This workshop will show you how.
Spend the day with us and learn the strategies for bringing in the big bucks year after year, no matter the size of your nonprofit. Learn how the big nonprofits in town raise hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, get tons of community support and lots of media attention.
This isn’t one of those trainings that’s all theory. You’ll get practical ideas and tips that you can take back and use right away along with real-world stories of nonprofits actually using this stuff. It’s all designed to help you take action and see results quickly using what you learned.
- How to choose the right fundraising activities so you can bring in big bucks instead of nickels and dimes
- How to identify the people who are most likely to give to your cause
- What to say to engage peoples’ hearts before you ask for a donation (this is KEY for big gifts!)
- 8 steps to create awesome donor relationships
- How to get started putting a comprehensive fundraising plan together
- And much more!
Reserve your Seat
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
United Way of Anderson County
$49 (lunch included)
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
About your instructor –
Sandy Rees shows passionate nonprofit leaders how to fully fund their big vision, so they can spend their time changing lives instead of worrying about money. She has helped dozens of small nonprofits go from “nickel-and-dime fundraising” to adding 6 or 7 figures to their bottom line. As a trainer, she shows her students how to find ideal donors, connect with them through authentic messaging, and build relationships that stand the test of time, so that fundraising becomes easy and predictable. Sandy is based in Loudon, TN. Find out more about her fundraising system at www.GetFullyFunded.com.
Sandy uses a variety of games, toys, and exercises to keep students interested and learning. You’ll have so much fun that you’ll forget you’re learning!
Here’s the day’s agenda:
Session 1: Fundraising Clarity
- What fundraising is and isn’t
- Where to start
- Identifying your assets: What have you got to work with?
- Sandy’s 3-part formula for success
Session 2: The Right People
- Who are your best donor prospects?
- Where can you find them easily and in large numbers?
- 10 sources for new donors
Session 3: The Right Message
- What moves people to give?
- How to be donor-centric with your messaging
- Ditch the jargon
- The 4 types of messages you need to master
Session 4: The Right Time
- When is the right time to ask for a donation?
- Why you need a loyal donor base
- 8 steps to great donor relationships
Session 5: Creating a Fundraising Plan
- Ingredients of a successful plan
- The 1 Page Fundraising Plan template
- How to ensure your plan’s success
- Tips to stay on track
Session 6: You’re Not the Lone Ranger: How to Get Help
- How to engage your Board in fundraising
- 3 common mistakes most nonprofit leaders make with Board engagement
- How to find volunteers to help with fundraising
- How to get (and keep) a commitment from volunteers