I’m pausing today to reflect on 2009 and I realize how blessed I’ve been this year. Many wonderful things have happened and many incredible people have come into my life. I think there’s something very valuable in stopping regularly to count my blessings.
Here are just a few things that have warmed my heart this year:
- Watching my oldest daughter graduate #6 in her high school class.
- Being recognized on the street in New Orleans at the AFP conference in March by someone who reads my blog!
- Hearing from former client and friend Daniel that they are still using what I taught them and raised more than twice their goal at their annual breakfast this year!
- Riding my horse in my first cattle roundup. Such fun!!
- Watching multiple clients raise astonishing amounts of money through the mail this year.
- Being in Moscow in October and participating in a brain storming session for a Russian professional fundraising organization.
- Being asked to speak at the Tennessee State Habitat for Humanity conference – for the 3rd year in a row.
- Teaching a reluctant client how to write grants; helping him with his first grant; and hearing him 6 months later talk like a seasoned grantwriting pro! Go Steve go!!
- Watching my youngest daughter direct the high school marching band on the football field. She’s so tiny, yet has such a big presence!
- Hearing multiple clients on multiple occasions thank me for helping them.
- Seeing big change happening with these same clients!! This is what I live for!!
The list could go on and on. Like I said, I’m very blessed. 🙂
How about you? What amazing things have happened in your life this year?