If you’re serious about raising money for your nonprofit, there are times when you MUST say No.
Your priority is building relationships with your donors and nothing else.
If you’re working toward fully funding your nonprofit, you need to say No to things like:
- Serving on committees or Boards outside of your nonprofit
- Serving on non-fundraising committees
- Volunteering for other organizations
- Being a class Mom for your child’s classroom
- Running extensive errands during the day
- Anything else that takes up your time during the business day
Once you get your fundraising activities running smoothly and generating the funding your organization needs, then you can start adding these activities back in.
I know this may sound a little harsh, but think about it: how serious are you about raising money? Are you willing to do whatever it takes?
Clearing your schedule of nonprofit tasks for a while will give you the space and energy to focus on fundraising and donor relationships.
Want more help? Download chapter 1 of the Get Fully Funded System for FREE! It’s full of ideas for making more time for fundraising. Get yours at http://getfullyfunded.com/get-fully-funded-system-chapter-1-download/.