I love quotes. Especially inspirational ones.
I saw this list recently in the newsletter of GreatNonprofits (www.greatnonprofits.org) and I thought it was so good I had to share it!
As nonprofit fundraisers, we need lots of inspiration and motivation to keep us focused and engaged.
10. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
9. “Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” – Elizabeth Andrew
8. “A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.” – Jack London
7. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
5. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – Dr. Seuss
4. “Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve… You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou
2. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
1. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
What’s your favorite quote? Share it in the comments so we can all enjoy it.