You work hard to raise the money your organization needs.
Just this year, you’ve hung in there through thick and thin, good times and bad.
You do it because it matters to you.
And because you care so much and work so hard to make sure your nonprofit delivers programs that change lives, I work to bring you inspiration, education, and resources you need every week.
Here’s a look back at some of the best articles from 2014, covering the hottest fundraising ideas of the year.
- 9 Steps to a Powerful Thank You Letter. The Thank You letter often is created and sent without much thought. It may seem to be the last step in getting a gift from a donor and a routine task that warrants little merit. But it’s actually the first step in building a relationship. Do it well and the rewards are great. Mess it up, and you just lost your chance at keeping a valuable donor. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8951
- Building Authentic Relationships with Donors. For many, meeting with and talking to donors is out of their comfort zone. And building a relationship just so you can ask for money – well, that just feels downright wrong to some. It doesn’t have to be that way. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8139
- 7 Tips for Keeping Donors Interesting in Fundraising. Have you ever had a conversation with your television? You know, one where you are screaming at the actor to look behind them or trying to convince a contestant to pick door #2? While not the most perfect example of talking at people, it does spotlight a problem that I see many nonprofits make when communicating with donors. Fundraising communications is meant to be a conversation – not a one-way street. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8209
- 5 Tips for Creating Loyal Donors. Deeper relationships lead to increased giving. You already know that. But did you know that these relationships also create loyal donors? https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8422
- 5 Ways to Build Donor-Centered Relationships. Every nonprofit needs donors to survive. Every day, we hear from organizations everywhere about how difficult it is to get and keep donors. It doesn’t have to be that way. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8185
- 7 Ideas for Last-Minute, Year-End Fundraising. “Got any ideas for last-minute fundraising?” I’ve been asked this question a LOT lately. Everyone can hear the clock ticking. We’ve got two weeks before 2014 is history. And the prominent thought on the minds of many is “how do I get the most from the last days of the year?” https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=11124
- 3 Indicators That Your Fundraising is Stuck. One of the hardest things we have to do sometimes is to admit we’re stuck. (Hey, it happens to ALL of us from time to time.) Being stuck means you can’t see possibilities anymore. You’re confused. You’re frustrated. And you need someone to help you get out of it. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8580
- The Quick-And-Dirty Fundraising Plan. Trust me when I say ‘spray and pray’ is NOT an effective strategy for raising money. You can’t throw something out to the whole community and hope that someone responds. You need a carefully planned strategy, especially if you are committed to the lives you serve. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=10331
- Four steps to Engaging Your Board. I have a theory about nonprofit Boards. Most small nonprofits have people on their Boards who don’t understand what they’ve said “yes” to. They don’t know what they’re supposed to do as a Board member, and in the absence of knowledge, they do whatever looks fun or familiar. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8684
- Stop Being the Best-Kept Secret in Town. Raising money requires awareness. If people don’t know you’re there, they can’t support you. No one wakes up in the morning and randomly picks a nonprofit to give to. People give to charities they’ve heard of and trust. https://getfullyfunded.com/?p=8570
Which one was your favorite? We’d love to know!